Going to the dentist and a primary care physician each year is something most of us do. However, did you know that it's important to see a dermatologist regularly as well?
Dermatologists are skincare experts, and they are instrumental in keeping us healthy. In fact, neglecting to see a dermatologist can be harmful to those who have severe skin issues. If you live in Baton Rouge or Prairieville, LA, Dr. W. Massengale at Atlas Dermatology can assist you with all your dermatology needs. Read on to find out why you should make seeing your dermatologist part of your skincare routine.
Reasons to See Your Dermatologist
- A dermatologist can treat acne and acne scars, using treatments and medications that are more effective than over-the-counter acne products.
- A dermatologist can treat chronic skin conditions like psoriasis and eczema. It's difficult to treat severe cases with over-the-counter medicines.
- A dermatologist can provide effective treatments that will reduce the appearance of lines, wrinkles, spider veins, skin discolorations, and scars. Dermatologists have a complete arsenal of laser treatments, prescription medications, wrinkle fillers and more. You can't find those things at your local beauty supply store.
- A dermatologist can diagnose rosacea, a skin condition that causes flushed skin, red bumps, broken veins, and inflammation.
- A dermatologist can spot skin cancer in its earliest stages. For early detection, visit either one of our offices in Baton Rouge or Prairieville each year. If you've had skin cancer in the past, you need to follow up with your dermatologist on a regular basis.
Time for a Checkup? Give Us a Call
Do you live in Baton Rouge or Prairieville, LA? If you need a dermatology specialist, contact Dr. W. Massengale of Atlas Dermatology. He provides a wide range of dermatology services designed to treat skin issues and maintain your skin's health. If you would like to schedule an appointment with him, call Atlas Dermatology at 225-313-4560.