Dermatologists help their patients achieve healthier skin for life. At Atlas Dermatology in Baton Rouge and Prairieville LA, Dr. W. Trent Massengale and Dr. Joshua Pitre are the board-certified skin doctors who know, diagnose, and treat acute and chronic skin issues, helping patients look good and feel great.
Getting great skin
Most of us are born with it but keeping it healthy presents challenges. Sun exposure, the aging process, fungal and bacterial infections, autoimmune conditions, hair loss, and more change how the skin looks, performs and feels. Unhealthy skin even compromises your immune system, as the skin is the largest organ of the body, protecting you from injury and disease.
At Baton Rouge LA dermatology, your skin doctors and their team offer routine full-body exams to detect skin cancer and other serious conditions. Plus, if you struggle with acne, psoriasis, rosacea, eczema, or rosacea, they formulate care plans suited to your medical health, age, and lifestyle, producing excellent outcomes.
Additionally, your dermatologists provide:
- Surgical removal of both benign and cancerous skin lesions
- Topical medications and laser treatments
- Referral to Z Aesthetic Dermatology for cosmetic skin treatments to address skin wrinkling, sagging, brightness issues, hair and fat removal and more
Dr. Massengale and Dr. Pitre recommend the following basic skincare to all their patients. These daily measures prevent many skin issues and improve your appearance too.
1. Wash your face twice a day with gentle soap and clear water. Pat it dry; never scrub or rub vigorously.
2. Wear sunscreen lotion--SPF 30 or higher. Re-apply every two hours or more often if you swim or sweat.
3. Avoid repeated sunburns.
4. Stay out of the sun during midday heat or cover up as much as possible.
5. Choose skin-sensitive laundry products with no added scents or colors.
6. If you have acne, keep your hands off your face. Never squeeze blemishes.
7. Look at your skin--all of it--once a month to look for changes in spots and freckles.
8. See your Baton Rouge LA Dermatology office once a year after the age of 40 for a full-body exam. The American Academy of Dermatology (AAD) states that one out of every five Americans will experience skin cancer. Detected early, this malignancy is highly treatable and curable.
Loving your skin
At Atlas Dermatology, Dr. W. Trent Massengale and Dr. Joshua Pitre help patients of all ages have wonderful skin which protects them and maximizes personal appearance and confidence. For a fully customized care plan, call our Baton Rouge LA or Prairieville LA office at (225) 313-4560.