How your dermatologist in Baton Rouge, and Prairieville, LA, can help with adult acne
Acne doesn’t just affect teens because adults can suffer from acne breakouts too. If you are an adult affected by acne, you will be happy to know your dermatologist can help get rid of your acne and clear up your skin.
Dr. Trent Massengale at Atlas Dermatology provides a wide range of dermatology services, including treatment of acne in both adults and teens. He has two convenient office locations in Baton Rouge, and Prairieville, LA, to help you.
You may develop adult acne from:
- A hormonal imbalance during pregnancy or menopause
- An underlying bacterial infection
- Excess oil, dirt, and dead skin cells clogging up your pores
- Makeup, cosmetics, or skin contact with an irritant
Sometimes adult acne can go away without treatment, but it’s important not to pop or pick at acne blemishes. This can leave behind ugly acne scars.
Adult acne often requires professional treatment from a dermatologist to help ensure acne blemishes clear up completely, without leaving scarring behind. For adult acne, your dermatologist may recommend:
- Benzoyl peroxide products to treat mild acne cases
- Oral or topical antibiotics to kill underlying bacteria
- Hormonal acne treatments to treat hormone-related acne
- Tretinoin products to treat cystic acne
- Extraction treatment to completely remove whiteheads and blackheads
- Laser light therapy to kill underlying bacteria
If acne has left you with acne scarring, your dermatologist can help with that too. To fade or diminish acne scars, your dermatologist may recommend these treatments:
- Chemical peels
- Laser light therapy
- Skin resurfacing treatments
You don't have to suffer the embarrassment of adult acne when relief is just a phone call away. To learn more about adult acne and how your dermatologist can treat the condition, talk with an expert. Call Dr. Trent Massengale at Atlas Dermatology. Call for more information today at (225) 313-4560 for the office in Baton Rouge, LA, and (844) 313-4560 for the office in Prairieville, LA.